I see entrepreneurs and small businesses get exploited every day by ambitious marketing and public relations boutiques. It’s become common for small businesses to pay tens of thousands of dollars for new websites, web copy, and SEO. For large corporations that are migrating and redirecting hundreds of existing webpages, that makes sense. For small businesses that just want a respectable online presence, it doesn’t.
What kind of websites do you build?
I build websites with WordPress, a free and open-source content management system (CMS) that’s very intuitive. Over ¼ of the internet runs on WordPress, so you’ll be in good company.
My day job is in digital marketing. I actually fell into web development as a side job because I was tired of paying exorbitant fees for websites that never worked properly and programmers who were never available or accountable. Since you’re not licensing any software, and since I don’t have any overhead, the cost savings is passed onto you at the time when you should be investing in yourself.
What is the web design process like?
We’ll establish a price estimate before we get started. My base rate for a new website is $5000. That cost may increase depending on what all you want your website to do, but I can’t know any of that until we talk about it. Once we’ve agreed on a price, I’ll work with you to
- buy a domain name and set up a hosting account
- install WordPress and choose a responsive theme for your website
- develop that theme into a personalized site that supports your brand
- incorporate images that properly reflect your services
- write effective content for human eyeballs and search engines alike
- integrate your new website with Google Search Console and other search engines
- register your business with Google My Business so it appears in listings and on maps
- establish a website visitor tracking dashboard on Google Analytics
- set up emails with yourname@yournewwebsite addresses
- launch your new website for all the world to see
After the work is done, the only thing you’ll pay me for is a monthly hosting/maintenance fee of $50. WordPress and any added plugins must be updated to account for security threats and to take advantages of new features. By working with me, you get
- an SSL certificate (this tells browsers/search engines that you’re a legitimate business)
- routine back-ups of your website for peace of mind
- dependably fast load times
- minimal downtime
- someone you can contact in case something goes wrong
Of course, you’re free to manage your own hosting. We’ll figure that out before we get started.
If you already have a website and you just want it to work better, then learn about my website audit & SEO services. I’ll go ahead and tell you that if your CMS is not WordPress, I’m 100% going to try to convert you. This is not a cash grab; I truly believe it makes everything work better.
Get a free consultation
Contact me for more information. Let me know what you have in mind and we’ll see if my services are a good fit. Even if I’m not the best fit for your needs, I can probably point you in the right direction with one phone call.